Yesterday we put her to sleep.
She had arthritis so bad it was getting hard to even walk, so we knew it was time to say goodbye. We loved her very much but we didn't want her to suffer much longer. She was very old and my parents have had her since she was six months. But we had to say goodbye, weather we liked it or not.
Goodbye Lucy! I love you.
Even though I know it was because we love her so much, I still feel a little bad. We are all sad, but it was the right choice for her, and we love her a little still. We miss her.
Her are some pictures of her:
Lucy at the lake!
Lucy my best friend!
Lulubelle, as we called her!
I miss her and may she rest in peace.
Madi
I am so very sorry for the sadness you're feeling. I am glad you blogged about it - that will be good therapy for you! Your great sadness means you had great love for her. That is a beautiful thing. We are all thinking of your family today....
ReplyDeleteKarla
I miss her to. I still shed a tear when I think of her. Even though it had to be it is sad. We loved her to. Sadness will pass and fond memories will remain.
ReplyDeleteLove Grandma
The good newse is she is running around with Ben and having a ball without pain.
ReplyDeleteLove Grandpa
Ellie has been going around saying Lucy was so coot. I'm really sorry.
ReplyDeleteI am so so so sorry!!!! I had that happen to my last 2 dogs. They died from cancer but good thing I still have another dog. Whats your moshi monsters user name I want to become your friend!
ReplyDeleteWrite back!
Emily