Wednesday, 11 November 2009

New Mary Helen!

Diary entries 19-25

March 20, 1900,
Dear Diary,
Not everything is well. Although Lilly is found, she was in the cold for many days. She may have scarlet fever.
Truly,
Mary Helen Lloyd

March 31, 1900,
Dear Diary,
Things only appear to be getting worse. She is now very ill with Scarlet Fever. Mom got a Doctor to come. He said that there is nothing we can do put pray. Scarlet Fever can be fatal.
Truly,
Mary Helen Lloyd

April 7, 1900,
Dear Diary,
I guess we got a very bad start of the New Century. Lilly is gravely ill now. I must pray. Mom is letting us stay home from school to help her. Ethel is as busy as a bee creating new things to help Lilly. I have to help. Poor Lilly! She is so young. Everyone is so sorry for Lilly. Even Elizabeth came by twice to see if Lilly needed any help. Leo quit work to come stay home with her, and Anna is over almost everyday to help Josephine give her new bed covers. Lilly is eating soup after soup after soup. I’d never be able to look at another bowl of soup again. But she’s so sick she can’t really eat it.
Truly,
Mary Helen Lloyd

April 19, 1900,
Dear Diary,
I am back to school now even though Lilly is the same as she was last week. I cannot bear to see her sick and I don’t want see that to happen. Her cheeks are so dry, when she coughs I can see white on her tongue and she has small bumps on her back. Her throat is so infected she can’t talk. She has a dreadful fever so high she can’t even count to the number. She is so so sick; I hate to be around her.
Truly,
Mary Helen Lloyd

April 29, 1900,
Dear Diary,
Death has captured Lillian Rose Lloyd. All what we did to help her was useless. I miss her so much. There. I blotted the notebook because of my tears.
Truly and now without Lilly,
Mary Helen Lloyd

May 24, 1900,
Dear Diary,
Today is the Queen’s birthday. She is 80 years old. It’s so hard to celebrate since Lilly passed away. I truly miss her.
Truly,
Mary Helen Lloyd

July 22, 1900,
Dear Diary,
It is hard to live, even though Lilly died three months ago, it is hard to stop thinking about it. It is already a dreadful year. The summer is so dull. We have done nothing but stayed at home. Boredom and never ending Boredom it is will not escape our home. How Dreadful. If there were something to do besides Miss Lilly I would do it. Summer is getting me down. I must go play with Emma or Elsie.
Truly,
Mary Helen Lloyd

3 comments:

  1. Great, Great!.....................Hey! I CAN HEAR IT SIZZLEING! Just felt like doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!
    I remember that! it was so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Madi it's Kristen from school I finally got time to read your glog and boy am I glag I had time.I mean where do I start I loved it all so much,I mean were do you come up with all of these stories I mean all of these other stories you write that you show me at school and just know on your glog I mean where do you come up with all these stories?Never mind you read all the time.See you at school. P.S.keep on writing I think you'll become a great journalist.From Kristen

    ReplyDelete