Sunday, 27 December 2009

My blog is awesome book club

So, this week I am going to try to have a book club for YOU!!!
I'll talk about a book and you can either buy the book (some of the books MIGHT be hard to find), rent it from the library, or if you live where I live you can rent the book from me.

This weeks book is called
"Early Sunday Morning: The Pearl Harbour Diary of Amber Billows; Oahu, Hawaii, 1941" by Barry Denenberg

It takes place in Washington, DC, starring a girl named Amber Billows. Her dad then decides to move to Hawaii. Amber doesn't want to leave at all. It means leaving her best friend, Allison, having to learn a new language, and live on an isolated state by the ocean.
But only a month after the Billows arrive, disaster hits a harbour close by.

MY REVIEW:

Stars: 3 and a half

EARLY SUNDAY MORNING

I liked this book; it was good. I liked the characters, and Amber's diary seemed VERY realistic (and I like realistic) so overall it wasn't bad.

BUT I only gave it 3 and a half stars because there wasn't much description and it wasn't very long.

Otherwise, it was really good. I'd recommend it.

Madi

3 comments:

  1. Wow should I ret that one from you or another one? I am not sure. How much is the rent? Glad you are reading and enjoy reading so much. Have a good skate and we will see you tomorrow bye for now Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's FREEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I als read Early Sunday Morning and agree with what you have said. I don't think there is enough description to make it feel real or that a young girl is writing it. I loved it for the fact that all my life I heard of Dec.7 1941 as my parents were married Dec.4 1941 my dad was in the army and was called back from his honeymoon because of the boming of Pearl Harbor. I also visited the area when I was in Hawaii. Thanks for loaning me the book I enjoyed reading it from the perspective of the people there at that time. What book is next?
    Thanks for loaning it to me bye for now
    Lots of Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete