Friday, 30 October 2009

Diary Entry One:

October 21, 1899,
Dear new diary,
I won you at the Toronto fair today, and I thought it would be horrible wastes to just leave you sit there, waiting for someone to write their precious thoughts, and since I am told I have a god-given gift for literature, but I doubt that so highly. I seldom seem do not misspell a word, but perhaps it could do me swell. But if it where by idea I don’t think I could carry it through. There are not many pages in you, my humble notebook, and my words cannot show my true triumph for winning you, for my stupid words and absurd vocabulary have never got me anywhere. Why am I so like this?
Well, today started as if it weren’t important. My rich and wealthy parents decided to take us all to the fair, and what a dreadful one it was to be. I put on my lace petticoat and several other undergarments then my pinafore and thick fur coat. Expecting a boring day full of nothing but childish games for William, Lilly, Elsie and Robert, I went to the fair with a not joyful spirit. Soon after we arrived, me and my dear eight siblings, I found a game suitable for me to play. I was surprised Mother would let me play because it is very “Un-ladylike” and sometimes I respect that. But this was an exception.
I played as best as I could. I won a notebook. To tell the truth and not a lie, I did not want this notebook. But this is what I won. I had to put you to use, so I am, and I will not find that tough, because you contain many pages that I must fill well. I am now finished my first Diary entry, so I must close with a civil farewell, so here it goes:
Truly yours in print,
Mary Helen Lloyd

Hope you like it!!! New ones comeing in a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment