October 22, 1899,
Dear Diary,
I awoke to find a strange request I had in mind-I wanted to write! To be honest, I would never write in a Diary, possibly because I don’t have many friends at my young age of ten would have interest in it. Perhaps they should try. I will mention my new diary to Anna and Elizabeth and School tomorrow. I here Mother asking for me. I must leave.
Truly,
Mary Helen Lloyd
October 29, 1899,
Dear Diary,
How discourteous boys can be! I slipped on the ground yesterday at school and Albert Lewis laughed at me and snickered and then teased me for it. I stood right up for myself though and told him to walk off. But that silly boy never respects me! I had to give him a hard slap on his cheek to teach him to show some sympathy but he twisted my arm and the violence would not halt. I was nearly sent home and got five whips but my vengeance was worth it entirely. It could not have been a worse day.
Truly,
Mary Helen Lloyd
No comments:
Post a Comment