I am a big fan of the Dear America and Royal Diaries Books.
(In case you don't know what they are I'll tell you)
DEAR AMERICA:
What they are
Dear America's are books about fictional girls aged 11-17 living in different times in American History (I do like the Canadian Version called "Dear Canada" but I've read almost all of them so I read a lot of Dear America's). They are written like a diary so it seems like you are reading the diary of a young girl in that time.
I would recommend them.
THE ROYAL DIARIES:
What they are
The Royal Diaries are almost the same thing as Dear America's but a little different.
The Royal Diaries are also written like a diary but instead of a fictional girl they are real young women living royal lives (for example, Elizabeth I and Queen Victoria. Or Anastasia and the also have Marie Antoinette and People you might have never heard of.)
WELL, ANYWAY, I read one royal diary and it is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!!! It is about Cleopatra as a young 12 year old.
I'll tell the story:
Cleopatra, you'd think, would be a princess with everything you could dream of. Golden plates, deilightful clothes, and adorable pets (incluing her lepord named Arrow).
WRONG. At the very begining, Cleopatra's father is nearly killed by a vile snake. The villagers show nothing but disrespect do their King (because he is charging lots of tax) who goes into hiding.
Cleopatra worries for her father. Is he alright? Is he safe? Cleopatra wonders. Soon she discovers, and joins her father. He is going into hiding in Rome.
When all seems well (besides the fact of leaving Alexadria), bad news is recoverd. Cleopatra's evil sister, Tryphera, claimed herself Queen of Egypt.
READ THIS BOOK TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENES...
Do you own it if you do save it for me it sounds like a good one Love G
ReplyDeleteYes I do!
ReplyDeleteFrom Y-K-W (You know who)