Friday, 1 January 2010

Mary Helen Lloyd is BACK! Entries 33-42

October 20, 1900,
Dear Diary,
Today was my birthday. Everyone almost forgot. I was very, Disappointed. I am now eleven years old.
Truly,
Mary Helen Lloyd

October 21, 1900,
Dear Diary,
A year ago I started this Diary, and a year later the new century isn’t going so well.
Lilly Died, I was torched by evil Viola, and everyone was so busy they forgot my birthday.
Truly,
Mary Helen Lloyd

November 7, 1900,
Dear Diary,
I am Bored now. It’s almost Christmas.
Truly Bored,
Mary Helen Lloyd

December 1, 1900,
Dear Diary,
It is nearly Christmas. I am feeling so sad inside me. I still miss Lilly. Not everyone is quite anymore though. On the first snowfall, Elsie and I went outside the house. It is so much different than last year. I guess so far this new century is not very well. But it will get better. I can feel it in my heart. Soon Emma and I will go get the Christmas tree.
I love the fresh pine wood smell the tree has.
Truly,
Mary Helen Lloyd

December 24, 1900,
Dear Diary,
Yet again it is Christmas and I cannot sleep. I am so sad, everyone is sad, and it appears there is no room for Christmas. I feel awful for not buying anyone a Christmas present. But were pretending to be happy for William and Elsie. I have to go. Ethel needs me even though it is late. What does she want now?
Truly,
Mary Helen Lloyd

At midnight…
I now what Ethel wanted. She took us out to the general store to buy everyone a Christmas present, and even though it was small I sure think there will be joy. It is the first Christmas without Lilly. I miss her so much still.
Truly,
Mary Helen Lloyd

December 25, 1900,
Dear Diary,
Well, it wasn’t that bad of a Christmas. It was much Different than before. But not bad.
There isn’t much to write. Most of the presents were from my family and they were sweets, but they weren’t bad.
Truly,
Mary Helen Lloyd

December 31, 1900,
Dear Diary,
It was hard to have Anna over at the house. We were supposed to play with dolls but it was more like having her brag about all the Christmas feasts and Parties she attended this Christmas. It wasn’t very fun. Tonight is New Year’s Eve. I wonder if 1901 will be any different now.
Truly,
Mary Helen Lloyd

January 23, 1901
Dear Diary,
Sadly, I am wearing black to honor her. Queen Victoria died yesterday. Everyone is devastated. I wish everything would go back to the way it was. It seems as if I woke up this morning and the world was grey. I am so upset, first Lilly, now queen Victoria! Her Eldest son Edward will be king. He’s so old! And not nearly as admire able as his Mother. It’s awful, really. All of this disappointment is making me sick.
Truly,
Mary Helen Lloyd

January 28, 1901
Dear Diary,
This morning she came back to our door. I don’t even want to spell her dreadful name. The eleven year old face of torture. I am so angry! She told me that now she does not long to be treated the way we did before. The family she was sent to did not except her, so she was sent back here. She made me give back her Queen Victoria picture. I hate her! I really do. She ordered me around all day and I was so frustrated. “Mary Helen, please come pick up William’s laundry.” And “Mary Helen, please come help cook lunch.” I was so irritated. Luckily I’m going back to school tomorrow and she’s not allowed too come. That naughty home girl!

January 29, 1901,
Dear Diary,
Josephine is sick, so I have to be the maid. Why don’t Marie and Ruth do it? They are much elder than me and they are so much better at doing house chores like that! Viola
Is still making my life miserable and I dread her for that.
Truly,
Mary Helen Lloyd


NEXT PART SOON!!
Madi

No comments:

Post a Comment