Here it is. Since I want it to be long, it will be in 3 parts.
PART ONE:
"STRIKE!"
That word was spoken in extreme and pure excitement. Was it true? Did Avo Jane Chill just get a strike? Yes, it appeared she did.
"I got a strike! I got a strike!" was repeated by Avo. I could not believe it at all! "Wow," I thought. "She's good."
The date of that part you just read was the very last day of the year, 2009. The last day of not only the year, but also the decade. The very last one.
It's amazing that things like these happen so fast. Seconds turn to minutes, minutes to hours, hours to days, and the rest is history. H-I-S-T-O-R-Y.
Where is this? You might ask. At a bowling lane, that's where. A Canadian bowling lane, with five Canadian Children - Avo and Syd Chill, and Carter, Abby, and Madi West. I, myself, just happened to know Madi West very well. I just happened to be her.
The time is- well, I don't actually know the time, but around four-thirty o'clock.
I hear conversation and heavy bowling balls smacking the smooth and slippery floor.
I can faintly smell the popcorn at tables and I see a wonderous sight - fun. Fun in a way that cannot be explained within words, but need to be seen first-hand to be able to understand.F-U-N. Fun. That's how it looks.
"Madi, it's your turn." says Syd, in her cute, pretty, sweet, voice. "Okay," I answer. "I'll be right there."
Of course, the reason I wasn't going right was because I was headed to the counter to get more of our new discovery - free water.
It tastes light, clear, and pure - I can't help myself from getting more. As I take my first sip I think...
"Wow, it's New Year's Eve. How funny it will feel writing '2010'."
"Madi!" I realize I gotta go. With the water in my hand, I dash back to our lane.
THE END OF PART 1 (PART 2 WILL BE POSTED SOON.)
What did you think? Comment under this post - I'd love to hear from you!
Madi (Not Frankenstein.)
another great story I can't wait for more
ReplyDeleteLove Grandma